Our Vision & Values
Reaching out in love. Growing in faith. Welcoming all.
Our vision statement seeks to express some of what we find important at St. Guthlac’s:
- Reaching out in love – God loves his people and we aim to share this by supporting others in various ways.
- Growing in faith – We are a growing church, both in terms of people who come to the church for worship or as part of one of our groups, and in terms of encouraging and supporting people’s individual faith to develop, deepen and grow.
- Welcoming all – Following the example of Jesus, we welcome everyone to experience the love of God, whatever your background, identity or personal situation.
St. Guthlac's core values are based around who we are and what we do:
- We are rooted in faith in a loving God, and express our faith in various ways, including through worship, prayer and music, both when we meet together and individually.
- We are a loving community, sharing the love of God through compassion in our words, thoughts and actions.
- We are a welcoming church, encouraging friendship between all.
- We are supportive, which we express through pastoral care and practical actions for those within the church, the local community and beyond.
- We are an inclusive church, inviting everyone with us in experiencing God’s love as your true self, the unique individual God made you to be.
- We are a growing church, encouraging participation in the life of our church and local community, and for each person to deepen their faith in God and understanding of how that impacts their daily life.
'These three things continue forever: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love.’ (1 Corinthians 13.13)